Hello, fellow readers! For Day 2 of Blogmas, I am doing the Festive Christmas Book Tag. This was a lot of fun, and I would love for you to do the tag and leave your link in the comments!
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
Obviously the Weasley family from Harry Potter. Imagine the entertainment!
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift?
The perfect book sleeve! I get overwhelmed by all the options on Etsy and end up closing the site without buying every time!
3. A fictional character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf?
Lara Jean Covey would be a perfect Christmas elf. She is cheerful and loves to bake!
4. Match a book to it’s perfect Christmas song.
I am always terrible at these prompts. Sorry.
5. Bah Humbug. A book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
I think The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle is my most disappointing read this year. The idea was great, but I didn’t like the execution.
6. A book or a fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the nice list?
I don’t think The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware got the recognition it deserved. I saw so many reviews calling the book “too slow” or the ending leaving you wanting more. If you’ve read Ware’s other titles, I think you can agree that The Turn of the Key is her most complete book to date. It had a creepy atmosphere, was written in a unique way, and left you feeling slightly unsettled.
7. Red, Gold and Green. A book cover that has a wonderfully Christmas-y feel to it.
I’m cheating, but I couldn’t find a book I liked with red, gold, and green on the cover. But I do love the red and gold cover for Kingsbane.
8. A book or series you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too.
I really enjoyed the Arc of a Scythe series! I don’t read many series anymore, but this one could be enjoyable to anyone. There’s a little bit of everything-dystopian society, political intrigue, mystery/suspense, and small doses of romance.