Hello, fellow readers! I am currently working on some exciting posts coming in December and January, so I thought now would be a perfect time to catch up on my Down the TBR Hole series! Today I am evaluating 10 books on my Goodreads TBR.
So basically the idea is to clean up your Goodreads TBR because we are all guilty of adding books to Goodreads and before you know it, there are 200 books on your list and you don’t even remember what a third of them are about!
How it works:
- Go to your Goodreads want-to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. The River at Night by Erica Ferencik
I love survival thrillers, but I have a feeling this book will be more about the friends’ drama than actual survival.
2. Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd
This book was heavily marketed, especially among the big Booktubers, but then I never really heard any reviews from the people who received it (a pet peeve of mine!).
3. The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green
I was feeling really ambitious because I have three YA fantasy books in a row on my TBR. I doubt I will ever read this because there have been other fantasy books released since this one that I am more interested in.
4. The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell
See above comments.
5. FantasticLand by Mike Bockoven
A horror book set in a theme park? Yes, please!
6. The Immortal Circus by A.R. Kahler
This doesn’t sound interesting to me anymore.
7. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
I own this book and do intend to read it eventually.
8. I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
I love a true crime book/documentary/movie, so I know I will read this eventually.
9. Circe by Madeline Miller
I know I add this to my TBR because I was caught up in the hype, but I doubt I’ll ever actually read it.
10. The Tall Man by Phoebe Locke
I know next ot nothing about this, but the tagline says it is perfect for fans of Ruth Ware and Sarah Pinborough’s Behind Her Eyes. So I’m will to hunt down a copy of this and try it.
Do you think I should have left some of these books on my TBR? Let me know in the comments!.