Hello, fellow readers! I have been just over a month since my last Down the TBR Hole post. I really like to do these because it helps me clean up my Goodreads account. Hopefully y’all enjoy reading them!
So basically the idea is to clean up your Goodreads TBR because we are all guilty of adding books to Goodreads and before you know it, there are 200 books on your list and you don’t even remember what a third of them are about!
How it works:
- Go to your Goodreads want-to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
So I forgot what this book was about, but I re-read the synopsis and this sounds unlike anything else I’ve ever read.
2. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Honestly, I’m probably never going to read this. The size of the book alone is intimidating and I also don’t really read high fantasy because it is so intimidating. I am more likely to read his Mistborn series.
3. Red Rising by Pierce Brown
I do want to give this a try because it is sci-fi and I’ve heard good things.
4. 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough
I have another book by this author that I haven’t read yet and I’ve heard very mixed things about it, so I’ll be removing this from my TBR for now.
5. The Window by Amelia Brunskill
Goodreads says this is a YA thriller, and I’ve had terrible luck with those.
Do you think I should have left some of these books on my TBR? Let me know in the comments!.