Hello, readers! I just got home from a long weekend getaway and it is officially summer vacation! I have nine weeks of fun, sun, and lots of reading! I am working on another post and needed to clean up my TBR, so I thought, “Why not do a ‘Down the TBR Hole’ post since I haven’t done one in a couple of months?”
So basically the idea is to clean up your Goodreads TBR because we are all guilty of adding books to Goodreads and before you know it, there are 200 books on your list and you don’t even remember what a third of them are about!
How it works:
- Go to your Goodreads want-to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
I feel like his book was on my radar last year because of the movie, but the more I think about it, I don’t think I’m really that interested in it.
2. You Will Be Mine by Natasha Preston
I think this is the same author that wrote The Cabin, which was very okay. I don’t think YA “thrillers” work for me.
3. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lepena
I did enjoy another book by this author, so I’m willing to give this one a chance at some point.
4. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I think this is another fantasy series that is unfinished. So Game of Thrones has given me trust issues and I refuse to read this until the series is completed. But I have heard very good things about the series.
5. Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
I think I threw this on my Goodreads TBR when I asked for fantasy recs in a Facebook group. I haven’t thought twice about this book since and didn’t even remember what it is about.
Do you think I should have left some of these books on my TBR? Let me know in the comments!.