Today’s Tag Tuesday post will keep with the theme of January and new beginnings! Normally I’m not in to New Year’s, but I set some goals for my blog and reading this year that has made me more excited for another year! I found this tag at As Told By Tina, so make sure you go check out her blog as well.
The New Year’s Book Tag
1. How many books are you planning to read in 2019?
I set my Goodreads goal to 50 books, but I am hoping the number is closer to 75! Last year I read 55 books and did not read much before May, so I think I can read more than 50 books in a year.
2. Name 5 books that you didn’t get to this year but want to make a priority in 2019.
3. What genre do you want to read more of?
I would like to try more adult contemporary or even literary fiction this year. I tend to shy away from these books, especially literary fiction, because I think I would read them slower. But I guess I won’t really know until I try!
4. Name 3 non book related goals for 2019.
- Complete my National Board certification. Pass or fail, I will feel accomplished for trying to achieve this honor.
- Finally reach my goal weight. I know it’s cliche to set a weight loss goal, but I already try to watch what I eat and I go to the gym regularly. But I would like to finally lose this last 10 pounds that I can’t seem to let go of!
- Travel somewhere new. Last year, my husband and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. It was the first time for either of us to cruise or leave the country. Somewhat scary, but we had so much fun! We want to travel to a new place this summer instead of going to the same places everyone else goes to for vacation.
5. What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read?
Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes! I think I will pick it up next, actually, so I can finally say I’ve read it!
6. One word that you’re hoping 2018 will be:
7. Tag a friend!
I tag Bookish Luna!