Back to cleaning up my Goodreads account! I briefly considered deleting my entire account and starting fresh, but they seemed like a lot of work, plus I would have to follow everyone again. Too much. Instead, I decided to do another Down the TBR Hole post and keep chipping away at the books on my TBR list. Today I will be choosing 10 books instead of the standard 5 books.
So basically the idea is to clean up your Goodreads TBR because we are all guilty of adding books to Goodreads and before you know it, there are 200 books on your list and you don’t even remember what a third of them are about!
How it works:
- Go to your Goodreads want-to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. The Painted Darkness by Brian James Freeman
I completely forgot about this book, but it still sounds interesting to me, so I will try to track a copy down this year.
2. Night Film by Marisha Pessl
I just bought this in October, so it is definitely staying.
3. Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
I’ve been waiting for the hype on this one to die down.
4. American Drifter by Heather Graham
I think I put this on my TBR because of Chad Michael Murray. It doesn’t even sound that interesting to me now that I’ve read the summary.
5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I am still mildly interested in this, and I know my library has a copy, so I’ll leave it on my TBR for now.
6. The Diviners by Libba Bray
This was hyped again around Halloween, and I am still interested.
7. Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes
I own this and its sad that it’s been on my TBR since March 2018.
8. The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Not sure why I added this to my TBR. I think I had just discovered booktube and bookstagram, but I’m not really interested in this book.
9. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
This is still slightly intriguing.
10. The Vines by Christopher Rice
Supposedly this is on Kindle Unlimited and I’m in the middle of a free trial, so I may still give it a go.
Well this was not very successful at all! I only deleted two books from my TBR on Goodreads. Not very good, but it is a start nonetheless and going through my oldest books on my TBR has given me some inspiration on another project for 2019! Stay tuned..